Monday, March 7, 2011

The Bad Times Aren't So Bad entered in Q1 Heat 5 of the YouBloom Song Contest

Well, today starts another round in the YouBloom Song Contest. This week is Q1, Heat 5 and my entry is "The Bad Times Aren't So Bad. So, here we go again. I keep trying and I hope you'll all come out and vote.

Here's how to do it. Click on the link below to get to The YouBloom site:

http://www.youbloom.com/ybsc/entry/2021/

Then you just log in or sign up, click on "Listen & Vote", search for either J. D. Haring or The Bad Times Aren't So Bad and cast your vote. Voting for Q1, Heat 5 starts today lasts until midnight on Sunday.


My last two entries did fairly well, they both ended up in 6th place, but we need to make it into the top 3 in order to move into the quarter finals. It'll take a couple hundred votes earn a spot. I hope you'll take a minute and vote and get all your friends to vote too.

Thanks for your continued support,
J.D.

March 10th, 2011
Hi Everybody,
I have heard that some people have had difficulty casting their vote. I have written to YouBloom and they say the site seems to be working properly and offered these instuctions:
1) Login to User account
2) Click on Listen and vote
3) Search for artist/band/song (The name must match exactly as you have entered it e.g. You have entered your Artist name as J. D. Haring - note the spaces between the characters.)
They could search for Haring and find your song that way.
4) Click on the name of the song The Bad Times Aren't So Bad
5) Click on the Vote button
Hope this helps, J.D.

March 13th, 2011
Well, with only two hours left to vote, The Bad Times Aren't So Bad remains at #1 with 71 votes so it appears we will make it in to the quarterfinals! I'll be sure to let you know when I know for sure. I'll post the final result here on my blog as well as on Facebook as soon as I get official notification.

Thanks to all of you who supported my music and cared enough to vote. it is much appreciated.

The next step is that we will need to get everyone to vote again in the quarterfinals. Voting for the quarterfinals will begin April 6th but I will make another Facebook event and give you all the instructions to do that. I hope you'll continue to support the effort.

I am sure that we will need all the votes possible to get into the semi-finals. Probably at least 200 votes will be needed to win so please do what you can to get all your friends to vote as well.

I'm thinking of entering another song into either heat 6 or 7. What do you all think? Should I re-enter Sophie's Eyes or try another song? I'd appreciate your feedback. It could be cool to have two songs in the running.

Thanks again so very much to all of you, I'm really touched by your support.
Adios for now amigos,
J. D.

March 15, 2011
Well, it's official!
The Bad Times Aren't So Bad has made it into the quarterfinals!!  Thanks to all of you who have supported my music and gotten out to vote! I'm touched!

Voting for the quarterfinals begins on April 6th and I will be sure to make a Facebook event and of course a new post on this blog to let everyone know when and how to vote.

In the meantime, I'm thinking of entering another song in one of the last heats of this contest. It could be very cool to have two songs make it into the quarterfinals... 'ya think? Maybe it's too much to ask? I'd appreciate your thoughts and comments.

I'll let you all know when I decide. Until then, thanks a million!
J. D.

3 comments:

  1. All your songs are wonderful. I am of course partial to this one and it always will be very dear to my heart. You can count on me to get the word out there the best I can. Hope you all are doing well. Many hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should enter another song!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll enter one in the next heat but haven't decided which one as yet.

    ReplyDelete